PowerAuras – Color Me Impressed
September 2, 2010 40 Comments
I don’t usually just do short little posts like this, but I have to say: the new built-in PowerAuras are incredibly impressive. Not only is the artwork beautiful (and, more important, completely unmissable), the feature also highlights the affected ability (or abilities) on your bar with a golden glow. In addition, the auras “pulse”, and seem to speed up as the buff duration runs its course (although, admittedly, this could simply be my flawed perception).
Obviously it’s not as customizable as the original mod version, but it’s perfectly functional and plenty sufficient for myself and, I would imagine, most players:
Like I said, not normally the type of entry I like to make, but Blizzard really outdid themselves (in my opinion) this round, so I figured I would share.
Some other random facts noticed this patch:
- Death and Decay is hitting rather beastly. Unbuffed as Unholy in Unholy Presence, it’s about ~1.2k/tick non-crit. Amusingly, that makes it stronger than SS (at least if you’re still using an ICC weapon, like myself) even on a single target!
- Blood Boil is still rather sad. 1500 non-crits as Unholy, for instance. If they want to make that our main AoE move, it really needs to be pumped up a fair bit more – even if that means nerfing DnD, HB, and possibly Pestilence.
- Blood Plague is no longer ticking for insane amounts as it was last build. Who knows what that bug was about.
- Speaking of bugs, Outbreak still doesn’t apply Ebon Plague.
- There’s still no notification on Runic Empowerment procs.
Expect something more substantial (Uldum/Twilight Highlands reviews? Dark Simulacrum mechanics? Pestilence discussion? Who knows!) next time.