Build 12942 – At Long Last
September 9, 2010 76 Comments
Will be updated as appropriate, but this should be just about everything. I’ll probably make a follow-up commentary entry later this evening, once I’ve had some time to wrap my mind around it all. In short: very nice stuff for Unholy. Still some problem talents – Virulence! – still going to be hard to balance our laughably weak mastery, and still GCD capped, but things are shaping up well enough. The us-ghoul synergy is excellent, and long awaited. A lot of improvements to the general flow of the tree. So on.
Can’t complain (too much)!
Oh, and before it gets asked: No, Runic Empowerment has not changed.
- Glyph of Raise Ally added; Increases the health of your Risen Ally by 25% and its run speed by 15%. Minor.
- Glyph of Resilient Grip added; When your Death Grip ability fails because its target is immune, its cooldown is reset. Minor.
- Glyph of Path of Frost added; Your Path of Frost ability allows you to fall from a greater distance without suffering damage. Minor.
- Glyph of Vampiric Blood changed; Increases the bonus healing received while your Vampiric Blood is active by an additional 15%, but your Vampiric Blood no longer grants you health. Major.
- Glyph of Pillar of Frost added; Empowers your Pillar of Frost, making you immune to all effects that cause loss of control of your character, but also freezing you in place while the ability is active. Major.
- Glyph of Strangulate changed; Increases the Silence duration of your Strangulate ability by 2 sec when used on a target who is casting a spell. Major.
- Glyph of Scourge Strike changed; Increases the Shadow damage portion of your Scourge Strike by 30%. Prime.
- Glyph of Pestilence is now a major glyph, changed from a minor.
- Glyph of Death and Decay changed; Increases the duration of your Death and Decay spell by 50%. Prime.
- Glyph of Death Grip changed; Increases the range of your Death Grip ability by 5 yards. Major.
- Glyph of Bone Shield changed; Increases your movement speed by 15% while Bone Shield is active. This does not stack with other movement-speed increasing effects. Major.
- Glyph of Heart Strike changed; Increases the damage of your Heart Strike ability by 50%. Prime.
- Glyph of Blood Boil added; Increases the radius of your Blood Boil ability by 50%. Major
- Glyph of Death Strike changed; Increases your Death Strike’s damage by 2% for every 5 runic power you currently have (up to a maximum of 40%). The runic power is not consumed by this effect. Prime.
- Glyph of Dancing Rune Weapon changed; Increases your threat generation by 50% while your Dancing Rune Weapon is active. Major.
- Death Rune Mastery renamed Blood Rites.
- Bone Shield, Scarlet Fever, Hand of Doom, and Sanguine Fortitude received new icons.
- Death Strike: Now heals you for 30% of the damage you have sustained during the preceding 5 sec (minimum of at least 5% of your maximum health).
- [Tier 5] Will of the Necropolis now cannot occur more than once every 45 seconds.
- [Tier 5] Rune Tap now heals you for 15% of your maximum health, down from 20%.
- [Tier 5] Vampiric Blood now increases the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 25% for 10 sec, down from 35%.
- Pillar of Frost received a new icon.
- Horn of Winter; ranged increased from 30 yards to 45 yards.
- Howling Blast; cooldown removed.
- [Tier 1] Improved Icy Touch removed.
- [Tier 1] Runic Power Mastery re-added. Still increases maximum runic power by 10/20/30.
- Impurity removed.
- New tree passive: Unholy Might – Increases strength by 15%.
- Summon Gargoyle received a new icon.
- [Tier 1] Vicious Strikes removed.
- [Tier 1] Unholy Command moved from tier 2 to tier 1.
- [Tier 2] Desecration moved from tier 5 to tier 2.
- [Tier 2] Resilient Infection changed; no longer excludes Pestilence-spread diseases.
- [Tier 2] Corrupting Strikes removed.
- [Tier 3] New talent; Contagion – Increases the damage of Pestilence-spread diseases by 50/100%.
- [Tier 3] New talent; Shadow Infusion – When you cast Death Coil, you have a 33/66/100% chance to empower your active Ghoul, increasing its damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
- [Tier 4] Dirge removed.
- [Tier 4] New talent; Rage of Rivendare – Increases the damage of your Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, and Festering Strike abilities by 15/30/45%.
- [Tier 5] Unholy Blight moved from tier 4 to tier 5.
- [Tier 5] Ghoul Frenzy removed.
- [Tier 5] New talent; Dark Transformation – Consume 5 charges of Shadow Infusion on your Ghoul to transform it into a powerful undead monstrosity for 30 seconds. The Ghoul’s abilities are empowered and take on new functions while the transformation is active. Costs one Unholy rune, no cooldown, 60 yard range.
- [Tier 6] Ebon Plaguebringer now includes Outbreak.