Patch Live – What Wasn’t Datamined
September 19, 2010 66 Comments
I almost always end up having to make an entry such as this following a released patch. Despite how thoroughly one digs through the spell IDs and the like, somethings just cannot be datamined – and somethings which are datamined inevitably prove to be false or misleading.
What can you do.
- As a commenter noted and as I then confirmed, Festering Strike now increases Blood Plague and Frost Fever by 8 seconds, buffed from 6. It’s enough to ensure Unholy doesn’t need to use IT or PS in PvE… ever.
- Dark Transformation now has a combat log entry, floating combat text notification, and poweraura upon hitting 5 Shadow Infusion stacks on your ghoul. It’s relatively ugly, but it’s functional, which is what’s most important. Also, for the PvP crowd: Dark Transformation is no longer a magic debuff (nor a disease/curse/poison, of course), meaning it’s no longer dispellable.
- Killing Machine now has a (beautifully done, in my opinion) poweraura attached to it.
- Frozen Heart, the Frost Mastery, was nerfed – from 20% (meaning 2.5% per point) to 16% (which is 2% per point). Mmo-champion was right about what had happened, just not about the specific numbers.
- The Frost Presence buff is currently a curse. Most amusing, and almost certainly just a bug.
- Runic Empowerment still doesn’t have a combat log entry, floating combat text notification, or poweraura… but it does flash and highlight the rune (on your default rune UI) upon a proc. The highlight lasts for about 5 seconds or so, and is quite noticeable, although it still requires you to stare at the upper left (which is more a fault of the default UI than anything else).
- Dancing Rune Weapon did not have its cooldown decreased, spell ID to the contrary.
- Runic Corruption works perfectly. It has a combat log entry and a floating combat text notification, but no poweraura (yet).
- As a ghost you get a “Return to Graveyard” button at the top of your screen. It… returns you to the graveyard you spawned at, shockingly enough! It has no cooldown, and can be used as much as needed. Nice little tool if you get your ghost stuck somewhere, I suppose?