Cata BiS – Frost DW
November 7, 2010 14 Comments
I’ll have Frost 2H up tomorrow evening, most likely, after which point I’ll get to discussing where each spec stands at level 85. Not that there’s much to discuss there, unfortunately; Unholy and Frost DW are near equal, ± about 3% relative to one another, pending specific encounter and personal gear. Frost 2H is about 10% behind either of those two, which is an insurmountable gap except in the most unusual of circumstances.
Getting on with it:
A few notes:
- I didn’t include any profession specific BoP epics. I never do, for obviously reasons; you can’t have every profession!
- Even though everyone can use archaeology and thus the Scimitar of the Sirocco, due to the RNG nature of obtaining the item, I believed it best not to include it. Obviously if you get lucky enough to stumble upon it, it’s BiS.
- I didn’t include most profession BoE epics. They all require Chaos Orbs to craft; Chaos Orbs being the Cataclysm version of Frozen Orbs. Considering Chaos Orbs are only available from heroics and they happen to be BoP, even though you can pay someone else what is sure to be a ton of gold initially to craft using them, it doesn’t seem appropriate to include them in a pre-heroic list, as someone still has to be doing the heroics.
- Darkmoon Card: Hurricane is the exception to this rule, as it doesn’t require orbs, interestingly enough.
- I did include Justice Point loot, as one can see. Although they’re mainly earned via heroics, you do get them from normal dungeon dailies, not to mention everyone should have 4k points stockpiled from level 80.
- No, the relic is not a mistake. There’s very, very few options there.
- Conquest (i.e, Arena) gear was excluded here, for what I think are obvious reasons.
Only one thing to say here: I didn’t include Valor Point rewards. Considering you start at 0 (unlike with Justice Points in the pre-Heroic setup) and can only get 75 a day at most, without raiding, it would take you three weeks straight to get your first item. Seemed silly to include them, although of course any strength items available from them would be BiS here.
Aside from the fact that I couldn’t find the specific boss half of the loot comes from, nothing to note. The str/mastery gem located in the relic can replace any red gem; you simply need to have a second orange to active the meta, and there’s no available socket bonuses to pick up.
Aside from the fact that I couldn’t find the specific boss half of the loot comes from, nothing to note.